Skip to content
Tubes Tied and Bruned. After major surgery am I pregnate?
RanmaSaotome posted:
Hello, I am posting for my wife. She had her tubes tied and burned back in 1998, since she wanted no more children.

Fast forward to this year she had a major appendicitis and almost died from it. The doctors had to remove about 2 feet on intestine, some of her colon and parts of her fallopian tubes.

Now it has been one month since her last period. We are trying to save up money to go to the doctor but it is very hard.

Would a home pregnancy test work? Or what are the other alternatives for our situation?

For your information we live in Arizona.

tbkittycat responded:
If her period is late a test would be accurate.

However, any surgery, especially one as major as your wife had, can throw our bodies out of whack. Our bodies are smart and know when it's not a good time to have a baby and will suppress ovulation which in turn will cause missed periods.
Pround parent of PJ (4) and Kylee (2)

NikkiS004 responded:
If she has had surgery on areas down there she could possibily miss a period because hormones. With the stress of everything she could miss it too. I would wait till her next period and if it doesn't come and she is have symtoms of being pregnet than i would take a home preg. test. But i don't think she is pregnet

RanmaSaotome responded:
Ok my wife is not pregnant. We found a friend that had one and my wife used it and it came back negative.

Thats good, now we are saving money to get her to the doctor to find out if it is stress or something else.

Thank you.

RanmaSaotome responded:
Ok my wife is not pregnant. We found a friend that had one and my wife used it and it came back negative.

Thats good, now we are saving money to get her to the doctor to find out if it is stress or something else.

Thank you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

im a 40 years young mom to a great 20 year old son. Me and my husband had to more plans to have any more children so I had my tubes tied over 10 years...More

Helpful Tips

(((KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF DURING YOUR PREGNANCY)))
Wouldn't It be great to go through out your pregnancy without adding those unwanted pounds? Well now you can, and I advise you to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.