Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused by Results
chemid posted:
I got a negative pregnancy test two weeks ago. Yesterday and today I've gotten a total of four positives. I went to the doctor to verify and they got a faint positive and sent me to sono and saw nothing. The date of my last normal period was June 7-11. I had a short two day bleed that was as heavy and like a period (but shorter than normal) on July 13. Is it possible that this was a period considering two weeks ago this showed as negative. That would make it too early to see anything rather than if I was as far along as from June 7.

sambosilver responded:
I would say it's still early and the bleeding in June could have been implantation. I think you should wait a couple days and test again. Sounds like a BFP to me!

chemid replied to sambosilver's response:
Just went to the doctor today for a second blood draw. They said that my number from Monday was 49. I guess this seems in line for the time timing if July 13/14 was implantation. I have to call tomorrow afternoon and see if my numbers are going up. This is going to be a long wait. Doe this number tell anyone anything?

sambosilver replied to chemid's response:
I don't think the numbers tell anything, yet. But once they draw again and have something to compare them to, THOSE numbers will tell you something.

When I miscarried in 09 the midwives counselor that I spoke to said that even when you are not pregnant, your HCG levels can come back at 5 or less.

It's so early ...try to wait until the next draw. And good luck to you, Chemid!!!

chemid replied to sambosilver's response:
I just got my results. The nurse said I went from 49 to 93. She said that it's going up, but slowly and that I will need to see the doctor. She suggested I waited until Monday to give the numbers some more time. Grrr! I just want someone to give me a real explanation of what they *think* might be going on. I won't be upset with them for telling me truthfully. This would be my first and I don't know anything about all of these things and wish I had more guidance from my doctor/nurses. Grrrr!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the porud mother of two beautieful boys. I am 21 year old and I love to cook. my boys help me cook everyday

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful