Skip to content
Confused by Results
chemid posted:
I got a negative pregnancy test two weeks ago. Yesterday and today I've gotten a total of four positives. I went to the doctor to verify and they got a faint positive and sent me to sono and saw nothing. The date of my last normal period was June 7-11. I had a short two day bleed that was as heavy and like a period (but shorter than normal) on July 13. Is it possible that this was a period considering two weeks ago this showed as negative. That would make it too early to see anything rather than if I was as far along as from June 7.

sambosilver responded:
I would say it's still early and the bleeding in June could have been implantation. I think you should wait a couple days and test again. Sounds like a BFP to me!

chemid replied to sambosilver's response:
Just went to the doctor today for a second blood draw. They said that my number from Monday was 49. I guess this seems in line for the time timing if July 13/14 was implantation. I have to call tomorrow afternoon and see if my numbers are going up. This is going to be a long wait. Doe this number tell anyone anything?

sambosilver replied to chemid's response:
I don't think the numbers tell anything, yet. But once they draw again and have something to compare them to, THOSE numbers will tell you something.

When I miscarried in 09 the midwives counselor that I spoke to said that even when you are not pregnant, your HCG levels can come back at 5 or less.

It's so early ...try to wait until the next draw. And good luck to you, Chemid!!!

chemid replied to sambosilver's response:
I just got my results. The nurse said I went from 49 to 93. She said that it's going up, but slowly and that I will need to see the doctor. She suggested I waited until Monday to give the numbers some more time. Grrr! I just want someone to give me a real explanation of what they *think* might be going on. I won't be upset with them for telling me truthfully. This would be my first and I don't know anything about all of these things and wish I had more guidance from my doctor/nurses. Grrrr!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mom to three children. Kahlan 11 Jodan 9 and Mikeal 5. My hubby was fixed June 2005. Even though chances are low the last little while my body is acti...More

Helpful Tips

(((KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF DURING YOUR PREGNANCY)))
Wouldn't It be great to go through out your pregnancy without adding those unwanted pounds? Well now you can, and I advise you to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.