Weird HPT Result
wanderson2012 posted:
Hello Ladies,
I'm new here, but used to be on here a few years ago, when I was TTC with my 2yr old son. I loved these boards, and found some amazing friends on here that I'm still in contact with. Now, I'm back with a HPT result question that I've never seen or heard of before, and it's puzzling me!
I've been having signs that I may be PG (been off BCP for 1 month, had + OPK to confirm ovulation), but I keep getting negative results. According to my O calendar, my AF is due next Monday, Aug 6. I took a test today and it was negative. (used a cheap, non-digital test). HOWEVER- after the test came up negative, something really odd happened. A single line came into the "test" area, stayed a few seconds, then moved up the test until it just went away. I'm aware of evaporation lines, but the test had only been sitting out for a minute or so, not over the test time-frame. I've had 2 pregnancies and have never seen or heard of this happening. Is it possible this was a BFP? If so, how/why did it just disappear? I'm so confused. I got really excited and now I'm a little upset Any info you may be able to give me would be so helpful. Thanks much, and I look forward to getting to know you all!

sambosilver responded:
maybe a faulty test? Idk. I think you should test again or have your blood drawn. That would tell you for sure.

wanderson2012 replied to sambosilver's response:
Thanks for your response. I've taken another HPT and still negative. But I've been queasy (to the point that I wish I could throw up) all day, so I'm still not ruling a possible BFP out in the near future.. thanks!