Skip to content
Weird HPT Result
wanderson2012 posted:
Hello Ladies,
I'm new here, but used to be on here a few years ago, when I was TTC with my 2yr old son. I loved these boards, and found some amazing friends on here that I'm still in contact with. Now, I'm back with a HPT result question that I've never seen or heard of before, and it's puzzling me!
I've been having signs that I may be PG (been off BCP for 1 month, had + OPK to confirm ovulation), but I keep getting negative results. According to my O calendar, my AF is due next Monday, Aug 6. I took a test today and it was negative. (used a cheap, non-digital test). HOWEVER- after the test came up negative, something really odd happened. A single line came into the "test" area, stayed a few seconds, then moved up the test until it just went away. I'm aware of evaporation lines, but the test had only been sitting out for a minute or so, not over the test time-frame. I've had 2 pregnancies and have never seen or heard of this happening. Is it possible this was a BFP? If so, how/why did it just disappear? I'm so confused. I got really excited and now I'm a little upset Any info you may be able to give me would be so helpful. Thanks much, and I look forward to getting to know you all!

sambosilver responded:
maybe a faulty test? Idk. I think you should test again or have your blood drawn. That would tell you for sure.

wanderson2012 replied to sambosilver's response:
Thanks for your response. I've taken another HPT and still negative. But I've been queasy (to the point that I wish I could throw up) all day, so I'm still not ruling a possible BFP out in the near future.. thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married mother of one child. I had my tubes tied in 2006 but I know there is always the chance of pregnancy. I have been have irregular periods and ...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy
Hey guys I need help, so I been feeling pregnant and I have all the systems Like cramping, then brown spotting, boob hurts, vaginal ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.