Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Positive Pregnacy Test 5 weeks after Miscarriage
CaptivatingOne posted:
iscarriage CaptivatingOne posted: I initially found out that I was pregnant around July 19, 2012 by taking a home pregnancy test. The first day of my last period was June 22, 2012. On July 26, 2012 I began to experience symptoms of a miscarriage (bleeding & cramping). I immediately rushed to the emergency. The doctor informed me that I was threatening a miscarriage and wanted me to return in 2 days to check my HCG levels. At that times I was 4 weeks 5 days pregnant (93 HCG level). I returned to the hospital on July 28, 2012 and was told that I had miscarried and my HCG level dropped to 23. I have not had a period yet. I actually have still been experiencing pregnancy symptoms (breast tenderness, breast soreness, weight gain, increase in bra size, nausea, food cravings). I took a home pregnancy test approximately a week after my miscarriage b/c I suspected that I was misdiagnosed. It was negative. I decided to take a home pregnancy test on August 26, 2012 and it was positive. I took another one this morning, August 27, 2012 and it was positive. I definitely feel pregnant. This is not my first pregnancy. I have a 6 year daughter and I remember the feeling of pregnancy very well. I am really hoping that I am being her a baby brother or sister into the world. Does anyone think that this is a new pregnancy or is it the pregnancy that I thought was a miscarriage???? Please help! Advice needed!

KLN777 responded:
It probably is a new pregnancy. There is no way an hCG level that far in would have been a sustainable pregnancy. I got pregnant with my daughter 6 weeks after a miscarriage. Didn't the dr do an u/s following your miscarriage to make sure nothing was left that could cause infection? If they did and nothing showed up, that would be your answer. Having a new u/s would tell you how far along you are. I'm sorry for your miscarriage. I know that horrible feeling all too well. But congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope it's a smooth 9 months!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Husband and I have been ttc since last year! I had a miscarriage last year in april 2010 I didnt even no I was pregnant. Now we are trying and have...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful