Skip to content
Positive Pregnacy Test 5 weeks after Miscarriage
CaptivatingOne posted:
iscarriage CaptivatingOne posted: I initially found out that I was pregnant around July 19, 2012 by taking a home pregnancy test. The first day of my last period was June 22, 2012. On July 26, 2012 I began to experience symptoms of a miscarriage (bleeding & cramping). I immediately rushed to the emergency. The doctor informed me that I was threatening a miscarriage and wanted me to return in 2 days to check my HCG levels. At that times I was 4 weeks 5 days pregnant (93 HCG level). I returned to the hospital on July 28, 2012 and was told that I had miscarried and my HCG level dropped to 23. I have not had a period yet. I actually have still been experiencing pregnancy symptoms (breast tenderness, breast soreness, weight gain, increase in bra size, nausea, food cravings). I took a home pregnancy test approximately a week after my miscarriage b/c I suspected that I was misdiagnosed. It was negative. I decided to take a home pregnancy test on August 26, 2012 and it was positive. I took another one this morning, August 27, 2012 and it was positive. I definitely feel pregnant. This is not my first pregnancy. I have a 6 year daughter and I remember the feeling of pregnancy very well. I am really hoping that I am being her a baby brother or sister into the world. Does anyone think that this is a new pregnancy or is it the pregnancy that I thought was a miscarriage???? Please help! Advice needed!

KLN777 responded:
It probably is a new pregnancy. There is no way an hCG level that far in would have been a sustainable pregnancy. I got pregnant with my daughter 6 weeks after a miscarriage. Didn't the dr do an u/s following your miscarriage to make sure nothing was left that could cause infection? If they did and nothing showed up, that would be your answer. Having a new u/s would tell you how far along you are. I'm sorry for your miscarriage. I know that horrible feeling all too well. But congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope it's a smooth 9 months!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is kaylee im 22 married to DH 24 we have ds 2 (06/03/2010) we are currently trying to get pregnant again but after having a misscarriage in ja...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.