Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What is going on???
KLN777 posted:
So I have no idea when I would have ovulated. I was on BC, missed a couple of pills (no bleeding after, which is unusual, very unusual), then two weeks later, I went off BC because we would like to get pregnant soon. I waited and no period ever came. I usually bleed if I miss one day. So far, I have been off the pill for more than two weeks and no period. A few days after I went off the pills, I had some pinkish tinged discharge. I mad had some gross discharge ever since- heavy, white, sticky, not at all normal (sorry for the TMI). I also started feeling crampy, very tired (but I'm also really busy), I feel queasy every now and then, and had a bout of heartburn out of nowhere. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests in the last couple of weeks, but they are all neg. I know I get pos tests bc I did with my first pregnancy (miscarriage) and the second when I was pregnant with my daughter.

I know someone posts to everyone that maybe you don't ovulate and that's why you wouldn't have a period, but BC keeps you from ovulating and you still get a period, so that doesn't make sense. And being on BC and always getting one, I don't think that's it. My schedule doesn't permit me time to see a dr until October. I'm not sure what to do other than take more test every four days or so and see if a period surfaces in the next couple of weeks. I guess I'm just looking for a few yes or no votes. I would appreciate the input.

Take the Poll

Is it...
  • Pregnant?
  • Not pregnant?
  • Body gone crazy?
vote
View Poll Results

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Sometimes it takes a few months for your body to adjust to being off the pill and until it does, you won't have a period. In rare cases it can take up to a year for your body to adjust.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

KLN777 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
That has not been my experience. I know my body well and had to go off BC before getting pregnant before. After having been on BC for 5 years, my body was totally normal. And even missing pills, I am quick to bleed. But nothing now and several pg symptoms. Neg tests for two weeks now. Tested again this am. And I had what looked like a textbook case of implantation bleeding (identical to every description I've seen) 2 weeks ago. But if that's what it was, I should test positive by now. (There was no actual blood like component, so it couldnt have been just a light period. Pinkish discharge, heavy, very not normal. Definitely not bleeding, not even drops.)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Have been on a 28 day cycle for a long while now (every since I could remember). Should have started on 4/5 but as of today, I still have not had my p...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful