Skip to content
What is going on???
KLN777 posted:
So I have no idea when I would have ovulated. I was on BC, missed a couple of pills (no bleeding after, which is unusual, very unusual), then two weeks later, I went off BC because we would like to get pregnant soon. I waited and no period ever came. I usually bleed if I miss one day. So far, I have been off the pill for more than two weeks and no period. A few days after I went off the pills, I had some pinkish tinged discharge. I mad had some gross discharge ever since- heavy, white, sticky, not at all normal (sorry for the TMI). I also started feeling crampy, very tired (but I'm also really busy), I feel queasy every now and then, and had a bout of heartburn out of nowhere. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests in the last couple of weeks, but they are all neg. I know I get pos tests bc I did with my first pregnancy (miscarriage) and the second when I was pregnant with my daughter.

I know someone posts to everyone that maybe you don't ovulate and that's why you wouldn't have a period, but BC keeps you from ovulating and you still get a period, so that doesn't make sense. And being on BC and always getting one, I don't think that's it. My schedule doesn't permit me time to see a dr until October. I'm not sure what to do other than take more test every four days or so and see if a period surfaces in the next couple of weeks. I guess I'm just looking for a few yes or no votes. I would appreciate the input.

Take the Poll

Is it...
  • Pregnant?
  • Not pregnant?
  • Body gone crazy?
vote
View Poll Results

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Sometimes it takes a few months for your body to adjust to being off the pill and until it does, you won't have a period. In rare cases it can take up to a year for your body to adjust.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

KLN777 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
That has not been my experience. I know my body well and had to go off BC before getting pregnant before. After having been on BC for 5 years, my body was totally normal. And even missing pills, I am quick to bleed. But nothing now and several pg symptoms. Neg tests for two weeks now. Tested again this am. And I had what looked like a textbook case of implantation bleeding (identical to every description I've seen) 2 weeks ago. But if that's what it was, I should test positive by now. (There was no actual blood like component, so it couldnt have been just a light period. Pinkish discharge, heavy, very not normal. Definitely not bleeding, not even drops.)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! I am Katie and we're from Toledo, Ohio. I am 21, married, and we have an amazing little 2yr. old boy named Gavin. He's our miracle baby...More

Helpful Tips

(((KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF DURING YOUR PREGNANCY)))
Wouldn't It be great to go through out your pregnancy without adding those unwanted pounds? Well now you can, and I advise you to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.