Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
False symptoms, body changing, or am I really prego?
sissy9011 posted:
Pseudocyesis (false pregnancy), or even a Ectopic Pregnancy were my first thoughts. Please, enlighten me with your thoughts and opinions though.

I am 22 and I have a 5 year old Son whom was delivered by C-section due to being Induced and having complications with my labor and being starting so young. I have also had 1 Abortion (PLEASE do NOT judge me on that ladies, I am here for 1 reason only, and I did not have a choice, any negative comments will be removed and unappreciated!)

For the last 4 months now, my Menstrual Cycle has been completely whacky! 5 months ago and previous to that I was having normal Cycles, I could predict it to the hour pretty much. I would last from 5 to 7 days. Now, starting 4 months ago, I am starting a couple days earlier each month and each month it is earlier, my bleeding is becoming more less, they are shorter, and I am having less Cycle clots, that are a little more fleshy looking not all just the normal discharge of the excess, along with limited to no cramps.
I have taken 3 Pregnancy test within 1 1/2 weeks time, each one at a different time of day, and all 3 of them have came back a definite Negative. My last time having intercourse was the end of May, before all of this started happening, now we did use protection, and he is of a Man I love very much, so no worries, it was not just a fling

As for my Pregnancy symptoms. Aureola's have darkened and increased in size but I do not have a lot of tenderness, the tenderness only happens a week before I "start" my Menstrual Cycle. Constipation, food cravings, increase of appetite, mood swings, lightheaded and short dizzy spells, a clear vaginal discharge/odorless, I will all of a sudden have a break out with acne, my hair is becoming greasy more frequently, and my nails are harder than normal, I usually have very brittle nails. Within a week or so it will start to clear up and then come right back. Also just within the last week or so frequent bathroom breaks and it is all of a sudden. I do have a little bit of lower abdominal pain as well as lower back and Sciatic nerve irritation. This did occur with 1st pregnancy, however it did NOT with my second pregnancy (I was not far enough a long to feel anything.)

I have confided in my Mom for advice as well, and she believes that I am finally completing my change into "Woman Hood" now that I have had 3 years to let my body relax.

Thank you for taking interest!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well i have a 3 year old & a 10 month old, both lovely little girls. Married to great man who is in school for auto repair. We want more kids but ...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.