Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help - So many variables...
KP1985 posted:
It's a long story, and I have a good reason for posting instead of calling my doctor - I recently moved to Spain and my Spanish is not good enough yet to call anyone here.

First of all, I am/was on birth control. It's called Donabel, and it's like ortho-tri-cyclen.

I had to get my wisdom tooth (yes, I only had one) out so I started antibiotics last Wednesday (this was at the end of my second week of pills). I think my husband and I might have "had relations" once before we remembered that bc and antibiotics don't mix. Anyway, Friday I had my tooth out and started bleeding. I had a very, very light and short period (about 4 days long, with very little bleeding) starting on Friday right after my surgery.

But I have been feeling symptoms like pregnancy symptoms all week. Super tired, really emotional, over-sensitive breasts, constipation, cravings, heartburn, discharge...

My husband has gone downtown to see if he can find an open pharmacy to buy a test, but I wanted to see if anyone here had advice or wisdom for me.

Thanks!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
There are very few antibiotics that actually affect birth control and those are usually prescribed for TB. You should be fine.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together since 6/2005. We got married in June of 2010. We enjoy spending time with eachother and family. I found out I was ...More

Helpful Tips

tip
have heard the same thing from my sister who is the mother of five so this is more then likely true.. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful