Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mirena Pregnancy Scare
CmeFair posted:
About two years ago I had an ectopic pregnancy resulting in the loss of my right tube. I have since had the Mirena inserted. At my one year check-up my OB/GYN said the Mirena was very secure and trimmed my strings a bit. I've now had the Mirena for over 18 months and have had a pretty regular 3 day regular-light flow period every 28-30 days. It has been over 33 days since my last period and I'm having sharp stabbing pains on my lower right side. I'm freaking out since this is how my last ectopic started. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and today. Both had a negative result. With my last ectopic the at-home tests were always positive. I can feel the Mirena when I self check so I know it's there. I am worried that I may be pregnant and that my body may be rejecting implantation due to the horomones from Mirena. Would this cause sharp pains? I'm having the pains on my right side which no longer has a tube. I'm so confused and worried.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi i am 29 and my husband is 43 and we are thinking about starting our own family, however we are new at this so my question to anyone is should we ha...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.