Second pregnancy test more confusing than first
scisneroz posted:
Hi! I took a home pregnancy test on Saturday that showed positive, with what I thought to be a very faint line. This morning (Monday) I took another test that also came back positive, with an even fainter line than the first! I expected the second test to have a more defined line, since I read somewhere the the HCG hormone doubles each day once you are pregnant. Has anyone had a similar experience? I have an appointment with my ob/gyn next week, but feeling a little anxious having to wait that long for confirmation.

wanderson2012 responded:
Wow, that is a little odd. But, since you've gotten TWO positive tests, congrats- sounds like you're preggo! I wish you luck, I know the wait for that first appt is the worst wait EVER! (well, besides the arrival of the little baby, lol) GOOD LUCK!

scisneroz replied to wanderson2012's response:
Thanks, wanderson2012 . I also read somewhere that if you test too early you may get a "false positive" if you have an early miscarriage that is otherwise undetectable. That is the thought in the back of my mind right now.

wanderson2012 replied to scisneroz's response:
I have heard of that. In fact, a close friend of mine (just a few weeks ago) got a HPT but then started bleeding a day or so later. But, your situation is a little weird. Definitely keep us updated!!