Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not getting my period.
Jcraver09 posted:
The last time that I got my period was 8/23. Havent had a period since then and even when I did get it on 8/23, i was barely even bleeding. It was that brownish stuff that you usually get before and after your period no actual blood. I have taken 2 homes test just 2 days ago and no positive. Any thoughts or suggestions?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
It's possible you didn't ovulate last month and no ovulation usually means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive years.

You could also be pregnant and not showing on the tests.

I wouldn't worry just yet but if you miss a second period and are still getting negative tests, see your doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Jcraver09 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I have gone through this before and last time it happens I actually was pregnant. I was 2 months before I found out. I am a proud mommy of 1 but unfortunately have had 2 miscarriages after him. But maybe you are right because as long as I have had my period I don't ever remember being regular. But thanks for the advise .

Spotlight: Member Stories

I used to be tlkittycat1968 but was having trouble logging in on my work computer. I'm 43 and have been married about 9 years. I have two kids (...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.