Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
could i become pregnant
ariesgurl98 posted:
okay i will try to make this short. i miss taking my birth control pill for 3 days fri, sat and sunday. i had sex that friday sat and sunday, could there be a chance of me becoming pregnant. He never came in me, but i've heard of people getting pregnant from just pre cum sooo imm just woundering

tlkittycat1968 responded:
If a back-up method of birth control wasn't used then yes, pregancy is a possibility.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

ariesgurl98 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
okay well after i missed those three days that monday i started bleeding and im still am and its wednesday sooo is that my cycle starting but i usualy start like the begin around the first of the month

tlkittycat1968 replied to ariesgurl98's response:
Because you missed 3 pills, you're experiencing the same thing you do when you take the placebo pills, withdrawal bleeding. When on the pill, your period is triggered by the drop in hormones that happens when you take the placebo pills.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

okay soo you said its a possiblity that i can get pregnant but how and im bleeding im sorry if my question sound a little stupid im just trying to get a understanding on things

Yes, there is still a possibility of pregnancy if you happened to ovulate during those 3 days you missed pills. It takes 6-10 days for a fertilized egg to implant and until then, your body doesn't know you're pregnant and would still have the withdrawal bleeding.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

okay so how soon could i take a pregnancy test to check? i took one i think wednesday or thurday and it was negative

If it's been at least two weeks since you missed the pills and had sex, a test should be accurate.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

mindytaylor224 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Hey you seem to know alot... listen I have a quick qeustion for you, I'm five days late on my period, it was due the first. my brest are tender and sore in some spots. the past two weeks I have been discharging white slimy mucus, and today when i wiped it had a pinkish tint to it. but none ever got on my underwear. Me and my husband have been trying to conceive, and I've had sex on my ovulation days. But I took 2 hpt on the second and they were both negitive... could I be pregnant??? plz help thnx

72678 replied to mindytaylor224's response:
when did you take the tests in the morning or evening? u have to use first morning urine cause its the most concentrated, if u take it in the afternoon or evening the urine would be to dilouted, also some women take longer than others to show on a test and lastly the period could just be late my periods have been late before without being preggo. hope this helps good luck

ariesgurl98 replied to 72678's response:
took it in the evening and its been 3 week since i missed my pills and had sex and my pregnancy test still say negative

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I am 20 years old. My DH is 24. We got married July 31st, 2009. We found out we were expecting Feb. 2nd of this year. We went to th...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.