Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Irregular Period after baby...?
Harely posted:
I had a baby on sept 4, 2012. It was a vaginal birth, no problems. Had my period after the baby for about 3 weeks, then it tappered off, then on oct 19, I started again, my periods usally last 7 days, but I am going on 11 days of straight bleeding. My husband and I did have sex inbetween that time, I am pretty sure I wasn't pregnant again yet, but just wondering why my period is going this long? Any advise would help. Thanks!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Most women bleed for about six weeks after giving birth (no, it's not a period). Much of the time it's heavy spotting with some bleeding.

How heavy is the bleeding? If it's really heavy (going through a super plus pad/tampon in an hour or less) then it's time to see your doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Harely replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Not heavy bleeding going through maybe 2 or 3 pads throughout the whole day. Some cramps but not much, just sore legs and back. Hoping it will be done soon. Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mom to three children. Kahlan 11 Jodan 9 and Mikeal 5. My hubby was fixed June 2005. Even though chances are low the last little while my body is acti...More

Helpful Tips

tip
have heard the same thing from my sister who is the mother of five so this is more then likely true.. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful