Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Symptoms but having negative test.
Shortcake88 posted:
To start off a little about myself, I have 2 daughters. My first was born 6/7/10 and second 9/2/11. My second was conceived on the birth control pill. I am having A LOT of symptoms but home test came up negative. Took that a few days ago on 10/29/12 so maybe it was too early. Right now I do have an IUD inserted. With my first daughter I had taken 12 home tests which all but the last 2 came up negative and I was already two months along when they finally showed up. With second daughter it took only 2 tests to show up the first positive. My body is very weird in the HCG levels. Here are my symptoms: I'm tired ALL the time which is completely different than my normal self, I've been using the bathroom more often also not like me normally, Nausea no matter if I eat or dont eat, Never feeling full after eating no matter how much food I ate, Sensitivity to smells, Mood swings more often, Hot flashes that are really bad all the time, Low back pain, More vaginal discharge sorry gross I know, Headaches, TERRIBLE cramps which I dont ever get even on PMS days, Bloating, Gas that I dont ever have, Spotted for 1 day after a couple weeks of having AF, and a couple more things too. My period is due within this week, but have been feeling this way ever since last period came. Like I mentioned, I dont ever get PMS signs. I just need some insight, thats all. I cant talk to my sisters about this because they cant have children, and really dont want to speak to my fiances family about it until I know for sure. So please help me out here.

LoisaMay responded:
You should seek out your doctor immediately. In the event you are pregnant, you need to make sure your pregnancy is not ectopic (a tubal pregnancy - considered a medical emergency), as this is a risk factor of pregnancy with an IUD. A blood test should be able to determine whether you are in fact pregnant.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi i havs a question i came on twice last month on june 4th and june22nd. I suppose of had my period this month on july8th but, i still havent came o...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.