Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
1 week late, negative pregnancy test
An_240973 posted:
I am seeking some advice on my current situation:

My period is one week late. I have taken three home pregnancy tests, spaced out over the course of this week (including today), and all three have come back negative. I don't feel any symptoms of early pregnancy that couldn't be something else (e.g. I feel a little fatigued, stuffy, some intermittent lower back pain... all vague symptoms).

I had an ectopic in June and recently had an HSG (hysterosalpingogram) to make sure everything was ok with my tubes (they are fine). My husband and I have been using protection, but I am not on birth control.

My questions:
(1) Is there any possible way that the HSG could be delaying my period?
(2) Is is possible that I am pregnant despite the negative tests?

I've never been irregular before, and this is kind of freaking me out.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Two possibilities:

1. You did not ovulate and usually no ovulation means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive years.

2. You are pregnant and not showing on the tests. There are women who, for whatever reason, do not show on pregnancy tests and need to have either an ultrasound or blood test to confirm pregnancy.

Either way, I wouldn't worry just yet but if you miss a second period and are still getting negative tests, see your doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married my amazing hubby on August 13, 2011. We have had so many adventures and so many more to come. We have been TTC for a little over a year now w...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.