Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm not sure but I think I'm pregnant
pandalove5 posted:
I am 21. Never had a baby before so I only have a slight idea of what to look for. I read online that there is such a thing as implantation bleeding. Today is sunday and last week around tue or wed I started have this brownish discharge and I thought it was my period. it lasted up until this morning. I woke up and went to the restroom and when i wiped i had that same discharge only with a little more red color and heavier. before it was so light i didnt even need a pad. and now it looks like a lot. so i am wearing a pad but it isnt getting dirty yet when i wipe it seems like there is a lot and the pad should be dirty but isnt. I read that the implantation bleeding is a sign that you are pregnant which i was almost positive i was pregnant yesterday because everything i was reading was coinciding with what was happening to me. but today i am not so sure. my initial question is:
Is it possible to have implantation bleeding and then still get a semi regular period if you conceived shortly before your next period? If not, what would cause me to have that brownish discharge and then a period right after it? just a note; my periods are usually heavy and if today i did infact start my period then yes it is more like my regular periods than that brown discharge but it is also a little less heavy than my regular periods still. I know all of this may be tmi but thanks for helping.

Take the Poll

Am I pregnant and still having my period? Did I have implantation bleeding? Is it possible to have implantation bleeding and then a period? Was I pregnant but lost it and that is why my period started?
  • No. your period is probably just acting up this month.
  • yes. it is possible to have a period after implantation bleeding.
  • yes. what you describe sounds like implantation bleeding.
vote
View Poll Results

pandalove5 responded:
I would also like to add that now I am having heavy flow but it is still brown and i am having lower side cramps.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Implantation bleeding only lasts for a few hours, one day at most. If I read your post correctly, you've been having the bleeding for several days.

No, it's not possible to have implantation bleeding then a period.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 24 years old and i have been datin a guy since march 27th. of course we had sex but without protection. i took 3 pregnancy tests since then and t...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful