Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm not sure but I think I'm pregnant
pandalove5 posted:
I am 21. Never had a baby before so I only have a slight idea of what to look for. I read online that there is such a thing as implantation bleeding. Today is sunday and last week around tue or wed I started have this brownish discharge and I thought it was my period. it lasted up until this morning. I woke up and went to the restroom and when i wiped i had that same discharge only with a little more red color and heavier. before it was so light i didnt even need a pad. and now it looks like a lot. so i am wearing a pad but it isnt getting dirty yet when i wipe it seems like there is a lot and the pad should be dirty but isnt. I read that the implantation bleeding is a sign that you are pregnant which i was almost positive i was pregnant yesterday because everything i was reading was coinciding with what was happening to me. but today i am not so sure. my initial question is:
Is it possible to have implantation bleeding and then still get a semi regular period if you conceived shortly before your next period? If not, what would cause me to have that brownish discharge and then a period right after it? just a note; my periods are usually heavy and if today i did infact start my period then yes it is more like my regular periods than that brown discharge but it is also a little less heavy than my regular periods still. I know all of this may be tmi but thanks for helping.

Take the Poll

Am I pregnant and still having my period? Did I have implantation bleeding? Is it possible to have implantation bleeding and then a period? Was I pregnant but lost it and that is why my period started?
  • No. your period is probably just acting up this month.
  • yes. it is possible to have a period after implantation bleeding.
  • yes. what you describe sounds like implantation bleeding.
vote
View Poll Results

pandalove5 responded:
I would also like to add that now I am having heavy flow but it is still brown and i am having lower side cramps.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Implantation bleeding only lasts for a few hours, one day at most. If I read your post correctly, you've been having the bleeding for several days.

No, it's not possible to have implantation bleeding then a period.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (37) DH (40) DS (arrived 3/3/11) TTC one more time :-)

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.