Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help plz?? I think I'm pregnant
mindytaylor224 posted:
Me and my husband have been trying to conceive a child, We have had intercourse on my ovulation days, And my period was due the first of november, but it hasnt came! And my breast are really tender and sore in certain spots. I have been discharging white slimy mucus for a couple weeks now. I took two hpt they both said negitive. Was it to early??? Well today I noticed some of my discharge was pinkish in color. but only when I would wipe... None was in my underwear. I've also been bloated and Certain smells make my stomache churn. Should I wait to take another test???

morningeorgia responded:
Yes, definitely take another test! These symptoms sound very promising, and so give it at least another week or so, and test every 2-3 days. I've been pregnant 3 times and 2 of those pregnancies never showed up on a home pregnancy test. Sadly, all of those pregnancies ended in miscarriage, but that was for another reason, not because it didn't show up on a home pregnancy test. So it's not a bad sign if you're actually pregnant and it's not showing up on a home pregnancy test. It's just that those tests aren't always accurate. A doctor can do a blood test in the office and it's nearly fail-proof.

I should also say, though, that my husband and I've been trying to conceive for 4.5 years, and I've had all of these symptoms before without being pregnant. I know that isn't very encouraging, but I just wanted to let you know that I totally understand where you're at, and that feeling of excitement you get, wondering if what you've been waiting for has finally happened! I really hope that you're pregnant, but if not, don't give up! Good luck, sweetie!
- Jen (25); DH Ben (28); TTC since 6/08; MC1 12/10; MC2 1/12; MC3 2/12; DX PCOS, Recurrent MC, Protein C Deficiency, Uterine Polyps, Endometriosis

Suzemumofthree responded:
Hi, Not sure I am going to be much help but i am in a similar situation to you. My period is now almost 3 weeks late, I also am trying for a baby but 5 tests I have taken so far have all been negative. I also have "symptoms" that make me feel like I could be pregnant. Feel like I am going mad and making it all up but i know I am not. Wish I had an answer one way or another. I have never been more than a few days late before so this is really strange for me. Also have children already but all my pregnancies showed up in tests pretty much straight away.
Just wanted to reply really to tell you I know how you are feeling. Please let me know how you get on.
xxxxxxx

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy and I'm married with 2 kids: A boy (PJ) and girl (Kylee). I also have 4 step-children by my husband but they are older (youngest ...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.