Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused and no sign of AF
Shortcake88 posted:
Ok, so I had been having major symptoms of pregnancy for the past couple weeks (cramping, nausea, gassy, tender breasts, mood swings, low back pain, and a lot more) and is still having a few of them. I took a test yesterday morning with first morning urine and test came up negative. So I completely stopped freaking myself out about possible baby. Even though I have had MANY false negatives with my last two pregnancies. I dont want to worry but normally my HCG levels just arent that strong. Well, anyways AF is due today Thursday (11/08) and now I'm not even having any PMS or AF signs.

So did I maybe test too early since my HCG levels are always low? Was it a false negative? Or what? I never had this with either of my daughters. I can always tell when I'm about to start AF and its definitely not in sight to start anytime within the next couple days so I'm really confused. Plus, to mention I have an IUD in place and again I can always tell when AF will start. I am just terrified of possible pregnancy since I have the IUD and dont want a tubal and not knowing it.
Me (24), DF (26), DSS (5), DD (2), DD (1). Very happy and lucky with my little family!

Shortcake88 responded:
  • Not yesterday, wasnt adding the days or thinking right. lol. Its was Monday morning that I took a test that came up negative.*
    Me (24), DF (26), DSS (5), DD (2), DD (1). Very happy and lucky with my little family!
  •  
    tlkittycat1968 responded:
    Since you had false negatives with your previous pregnancies, I'd see about getting a blood test.
    Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Shortcake88 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
    Do you think I should go and get another $1 test and try tomorrow morning? Or wait to see if AF shows up to take another test and then blood test? Sorry so many questions!

tlkittycat1968 replied to Shortcake88's response:
    Sometimes it's recommended you test once a week until you either get a positive or your period. If you miss your next period and are still getting negative test results, then see your doctor.
    Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Shortcake88 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
    Alright, thank you so much!

Shortcake88 replied to Shortcake88's response:
    Still no AF showing up or signs of it going to.

Spotlight: Member Stories

oh and i forgot to say i have not had a period since april 15.

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
    I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.