Skip to content
Husband and I need advice.
morganmorfey posted:
Okay so we are actively trying to get pregnant. My periods aren't clock work but normally about a twenty six day cycle,and they always come within a day or so before or after my estimated start day. Also the day before hand I always get that crampy, bloaty, cranky reminder. My last period was 10/9/2012, I was suppose to start on 11/4/2012. I am now a week late and none of the hpt I've taken have for sure said my eggo is preggo. We used clear blue digital the day after my missed period, and a ept ink test this weekend. One had a very faint line but my husband and I both aren't sure if our eyes were playing tricks on us. I guess what I'm trying to ask is is it normal to maybe be pregnant and not have enough hormones for a test to come back postive or should I be worried that something could be wrong with my lady parts?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Two possibilities:

1. You did not ovulate and usually no ovulation means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive years.

2. You are pregnant and not showing on the tests. Some women, for whatever reason, do not show on pregnancy tests and have to have a blood test or ultrasound to confirm pregnancy.

Either way, I wouldn't worry just yet but if you miss a second period and are still getting negative tests, see your doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

McCurdygirl84 responded:
Even a faint line is to be read as positive:) I would call your OBGYN immediately and schedule a consult. Your doc can perform a more complex test to ease your mind. Good luck and God Blessings!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I am 20 years old. My DH is 24. We got married July 31st, 2009. We found out we were expecting Feb. 2nd of this year. We went to th...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.