Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What should we do?... :(
An_248957 posted:
My husband and I are very confused. I have not had a period since September... Last month, in October, I had slight bleeding for two days. We have been trying to concieve since September, but every test that I have taken has come up negative. I know I have taken a good 10 tests. I seem to be having all the pregnancy symptoms but the tests continue to show negative. We are begining to get very discouraged because we can not understand why I would have the symptoms and continue to show as negative. What should we do, besides go to the doctor?

mommyin2011 responded:

Amenorrhea is the medical term for absence of periods. Although there are times when a women will not menstruate, during pregnancy or menopause for example, any other skipped periods may be a symptom of a medical problem.

If you get a negative result, you are likely not pregnant. However, you may still be pregnant if:
  • The test is past its expiration date.
  • You took the test the wrong way.
  • You tested too soon.
  • Your urine is too diluted because you consumed large amounts of fluid right before the test.
  • You are taking certain medications, such as diuretics or antihistamines.
If you get a negative pregnancy test result, try retesting within about a week to double-check. Some home pregnancy tests suggest doing this regardless of your results.

Get blood work done to make sure you are or are not pregnant!!
Proud mommy of DS (7/31/11) and DD (7/18/12)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months so far, with no luck. I am 21 years old, and engaged to be married next year. I was diagnosed with P...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful