Skip to content
TTC after removing CopperT
An_248906 posted:
I am 33 years of age. I had the copperT inserted in March 2005 when my son was 3 months and then removed it in August 2012. In the month of June, July 2012 I had very less bleeding during menstruation (just 2 days, and it was over completely; generally it is for 4-5 days atleast). I also had a cyst that dissolved by itself in the month of August.[br>[br>[br>I removed the copperT in August 2012, and since then we are TTC., but no luck so far. I am observing that my periods are getting back to normal flow, but I am getting a little disappointed because I am eagerly waiting for the baby's good news... Before removing the copperT I had an ultrasound done, and it was seen on the screen that the copperT had slipped from its original place and that was also one of the reasons to get it removed.

Can copperT slip from its place after being there for 8 years??
How much time does it take to conceive again after removing the copperT??

atrutty29 responded:
I thought IUDs were only good for 5 yrs? Is it the hormone or non-hormone IUD? Did you check the string on a regular basis? I did not and bled too much and they had to remove it due to anemia.

Have you requested an u/s to look to ensure there is no damage or punctures?

GL!
Angie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a twin sister and i had another sister, my mom was pregnant with 3 of us, my other sister (Amber L. B. RIP 4/5/1995) passed due to a brain Aria...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.