Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnanct after Vasectomy? or Preimenopause??
Anon_32245 posted:
Ok - so first I would like to say that I used all of these boards for each of my three pregnancies, so it feels weird to be back when I thought I wld never again even think about this!

Anyway - DS #3 just turned 3. DH had a vasectomy 2 1/2 yrs ago in Feb. It took from Feb until Oct for him to be "cleared." Even then - swimmers were present- bu they just said not viable and cleared him.

I don't know when I O'd this month but my AF's have remained 28-30 day cycles but I wonder about perimenopause bc of DH's vas. ANyway - I am nauseated in waves all day long, pee smells funny, constipated and mostly my bbs hurt so bad I cannot sleep on my stomach or hug ppl. Ovulation has made them tender since the birth of DS#3, but it does not last until AF, and it is NOTHING like this. I eat constantly - and get severe nausea if I do not. I have gotten weird white spots that looke like zits (TMI) on my areola's - but only one on left and several on left. I took one HPT on Thurs BFN, but I think I am not due for AF until Monday or Tuesday.....

Sorry this is so long but cld BFP really happen with the Vas and my age (I just turned 38), or is this perimenopause. I wld write everything off as perimenopause (resulting in worse PMS), except for the nausea (I cannot drink alcohol anymore - at all), and the extreme of my sore bbs.

Pls advise (without saying only a test will tell bc I know that but I am freaking out. Supposed to start doctorate school in Jan and this wld change our whole lives).

Thanks so much!
Angie
DD8, DS6, DS3

Take the Poll

Pregnant after vasectomy?
  • Yes - I am
  • Yes - I have
  • Yes - my sibling did
  • Yes my friend / cousin did
vote
View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

ok, im on the implanon bc. on may 3 2011 i had a baby. ever since then my periods start between the 13-15 of every month. last month around the14th i ...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.