Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hoodwinked?
An_249162 posted:
I need some opinions/advice! She normally has her period around the 5th. They had sex on the 3rd and she didn't have a period and tested positive with a home test on the 17th. I say it's not possible. She wouldn't have been ovulating two days before her period and it takes at least 2 weeks after conception (not fertilization) to show up on a home test. I don't deny the sex took place but I truly don't see how this can be possible. Any clarification either way because she's saying it is his.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
It is possible. She may have ovulated later than she normally does. If she hadn't had sex, her period may have been late.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Aireanna81 responded:
It is very possible to get pregnant at any time! You can even get pregnant while on your period. There is never a "safe" time to have unprotected sex and expect to not possibly get pregnant. Yes there are fertile times, but most woman are fertile any given time. That's how accidents usually happen lol. Have her go the doctor just to be 100% better safe than sorry.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been here at WebMD since 2007, but I've been involved in social media and moderated communities online since 1994, so you know I just lo...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful