Skip to content
Too early right?
An_249177 posted:
My husband and I have been trying (not very hard, mostly stopped preventing it) to get pregnant for about 6 months now. All of a sudden everyone at work has asked if I have spent too much time in the sun because I am red in the face (but I have not) and even though I myself feel cold apparently I am putting off some heat. I also have been having trouble concentrating the last couple of days. Other than that I feel fine. I do not feel sick or feel like I am catching a cold. My last period was on Nov 5th and I am on a 28day cycle. It is way too soon to be having signs of pregnancy, RIGHT?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Yes, it would be too soon to be having pregnancy symptoms if you are pregnant.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

An_249177 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I took a test and I am pregnant. Think I might have just still had my period my first month or two. Going to the VA tomorrow to get a blood test.

tlkittycat1968 replied to An_249177's response:
Well, some women have period-like bleeding during pregnancy and that may be what you had.

Congrats, I hope.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

MaryDS_TTC replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I disagree - I've read from several publications (including webMD) that you can start having pregnancy symptoms as early as one week after conception.

klillico replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Maybe you can help me. My period came 11/22 and ended 11/28. Prior to my period starting I woke up four days in a row early in the morning with cramps. Once my period started no more cramps. I ALWAYS have painful cramps to the point doctors prescribed me pain meds. 2 days after my period stopped (so 11/30) I started with spotting and I continue to spot daily and it's currently 12/5. I also have extrememly sentive and sore nipples. Could I be pregnant even though i just had a period? I can't say it was a normal period since no cramps during the period but did before.

TheRen86 replied to klillico's response:
Yes you could be pregnant. I am waiting for my blood test to see how far I am but my doctor said that it is possible to have not only implantation spotting but full periods for the first month or two. I talked to my aunt after and she said it runs in my family to include my grandmother (mom's mom). The doctor stressed that every woman is different and some women have false negatives during these couple of months with full periods even though they can actually be pregnant. Best Answer...go get a blood test. I know you want to know NOW but you just have to get a blood test.

Munki3_B3ar replied to TheRen86's response:
Thank you for your detailed response, I am finally going in tomorrow to get a blood test & if that still comes out negative I will ask to be scheduled to get an ultrasound, I am 100% confident that I am pregnant since I seriously have some strong symptoms, I cannot stand the smell & taste of onions, sore breasts for almost 7 weeks, strange appetites & cravings, I even had 2 grandma's ask me if I was. But what bothers me is the 4 hpt that came out negative. Prayers to u all!

tlkittycat1968 replied to TheRen86's response:
A woman cannot be pregnant and have a true period. A true period is the shedding of the uterine lining and if that happened while a woman was pregnant, it would be a miscarriage. Women can have period-like bleeding that is mistaken for a period. To further confuse matters, doctors such as yours will often call this bleeding a period for a lack of a better term but it is not a true period.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been married for a year now. My husband is wonderful guy. We want to wait just a little longer for kids, but if it happens, it happens.

Helpful Tips

(((KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF DURING YOUR PREGNANCY)))
Wouldn't It be great to go through out your pregnancy without adding those unwanted pounds? Well now you can, and I advise you to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.