Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Can a blood test show positive while a pee test comes up negative?
    Aireanna81 posted:
    I'm having very unusual symptoms and I need advice. It has been months since I even had sex so I'm pretty far along if I am pregnant. I've taken at home test recently and it came back negative but I can't shake the feeling it's wrong. But it's not like any pregnancy I've ever heard of. No morning sickness, no severe food cravings, oh and I've bled every single month! But they have been off themselves, I'm usually 28 days dead on not anymore I can't predict it and this time around I swear I bled for an hour and was done. I've had the headaches, the back pain, I swear my belly and breasts are getting larger, I'm tired all the time. I've heard of cases where heavyset women will have their period the whole time and well I am a bigger girl so maybe. Should I just go to my doctor and demand a blood test? Just to be sure, or would it make a difference?

Take the Poll

Should I get a blood test just to be positive if I am or am not pregnant?
    • Yes
    • No
    vote
    View Poll Results

An_249267 responded:
    I would recommend you to do a blood test and maybe an ultrasound and tell your gynecologist everything you been going through so he do extra test in case.

Munki3_B3ar responded:
    Don't worry, just go get a blood test & ultrasounds (if the blood test is also negative) just to have a piece of mind. Good luck, I am going in tomorrow to get my blood pregnancy test

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amber and I have been trying for my first baby for a while now.. I am about to turn twenty and me and my Husband want to start our family w...More

Helpful Tips

trying to get pregnant
    .. im trying to get pregnant for 2 yrs.. im nearly hopeless..pls help More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 4 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.