Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnant after Mirena?
Anon_138506 posted:
so I havent done this in awhile, but here goes. I had mirena put in from may 2012 to septmeber 24 2012. I was not pleased with my symptoms. So I only had it a few months. A day after a took it out I got the removal bleeding, it lasted for the weekend and then was gone. On October 24 I had my period and it was very regular. I figured that I would get it again on November 24 ish, if my cycle was right. I have yet to have it and I have no signs of it coming like I usually do. So I am on day 40 of this cycle. I have had enlarge breast for the past three weeks and have been getting hungrier than usual, and I know the holiday's just passed but I have gained a couple pounds. I also know that periods have to adjust after those chemicals leave your body but its weird because my period came back so regularly. We also have DTD a lot during the last month, no protection. O I also took a home test today and it came back negative.

So I guess my question is this, Has anyone been in a similar situation and what did they do. Also since it is impossible to know exactly when you got pregnant could there not be enough hormone in my system yet to give me a positive.

Any positive feedback is greatly appreciated, please ignore any spelling errors, my brain is a little frazzled.

ash200 responded:
I had the Mirena a few years ago and had it removed to get pregnant again, it took a good year to conceive. Don't give up...

Spotlight: Member Stories

All girl games on our sites at kiz oyunlari , If you are hungry yemek oyunlari , you like oyunlar1 games, if your clothes old you look giydirm...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.