Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused
An_249250 posted:
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 9 months. My periods are normal, and have been for awhile. I really thought I was pregnant. However, on the 29th I stated to spot. Spotting last two days then I had two days of heavy bleeding and then back to spotting. I have two children, but this never happened before and my periods are normally medium to heavy up until the last day. It has me confused!

On top of that... does anyone have any tips on how to increase out chances? It only took 3 months to get pregnant with our first, a month with our second... So, I am starting to worry a little bit.

Thank you in advance!

MaryDS_TTC responded:
Hi - My husband and I have also been trying for our first for about 9 months now. So frustrating, isn't it? Some advice I've picked up along the way:

If your cervical fluid isn't of nice slippery egg-white-like quality when you ovulate, you could try a lubricant called Pre-Seed that is safe for conceiving. I also heard that drinking Green Tea can help.

I always elevate my hips for 20-30 minutes after sex to try to help the sperm get to where it needs to go.

A great book to understand/predict ovulation is 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'. I highly recommend it.

If you are still breast feeding, there is a chance that you may not be ovulating again yet. Not sure how old your youngest is...

Hope this helps!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I am 20 years old. My DH is 24. We got married July 31st, 2009. We found out we were expecting Feb. 2nd of this year. We went to th...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.