Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP!! Multiple negative tests and overwhelming symptoms
veryconfused90 posted:

So I have taken 5 pregnancy test to date, all were negative but i've still been experiencing an over whelming amount of symptoms. I had intense/abnormal cramping for several hours mid cycle. At first i thought it was my ovulation but thats normally a slight discomfort only on 1 side and this was sharp pain throughout my entire lower abdomen. A few days later i started getting nauseous and throwing up anywhere for 1 to 5 times a day (this had continued for the last week and a half.) I've been extremely fatigued sleeping 10-12 hours a night and still being tired all day long. I've also been getting light cramps, dizzy spells, shortness of breath, lower back pain, bloating, moodiness/irritability, slightly sore breasts, a strong sensitivity to smells, and an increased appetite. I'm still waiting on my period tho which i think is due in 1 or 2 days, although i'm not 100% sure since its never been regular. But i took another test this afternoon and it too came up negative!! I don't know whats going on, please let me know if this has happened to anyone else!!!

MaryDS_TTC responded:
Sounds like you could be pregnant. Try to be patient and wait a few more days before taking a pregnancy test again. Sometimes it might take awhile for your hormone levels to indicate pregnancy.

Munki3_B3ar responded:
WOW! I thought I was alone on this! for 6 weeks now all of these crazy symptoms have been hitting me hard as well. 4 hpt & all negative, even went in for my annual physical & they also gave me a urine pregnancy test but negative as well. I am finally going in tomorrow to get blood work done to check y hcg levels, I m also going to ask them to give me a referral to have an ultrasound, my mother in law has confirmed that I am. So best of luck to the both of us!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm proud Momma of four awesome children. I had them in the perfect order I could have wished for: girl, boy, girl, boy. I've been a single mo...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.