Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnancy Scare?
An_249389 posted:
Yep, I'm having it right now.[br>[br>My boyfriend visited me through Friday-Monday of last week for my birthday, and it was great. It was nice to spend time with him after six months of not seeing him. I even told my dad about him for the first time, and as terrified as I was of it (we have been dating for about a year and a half now), he took it really well. But something has come up, and I am kind of at a loss of what to do with myself...[br>[br>To start, I am on birth control. A while back, I did an oopsie and accidentally took two of my inactive pills at the beginning of my pack instead of two active pills (making it so I technically missed two days worth of pills). This was about eight days before my boyfriend came and saw me. I caught up on my pills, and when he was here, yes, we used protection, meaning condoms. However, to my ever amazing luck, the darn thing broke something terrible and he did end up ejaculating inside of me some. (Which wouldn't have been an issue if I didn't oopsie on my pills.) I ended up getting the morning after pill and taking it on Sunday because that was the earliest I could get it, due to the fact I have no vehicle. (We had sex on Friday.) And I continued on with my birth control pills at the same time. That was a little over a week ago, and I am on my last active pill for the pack, before I start my inactive pills. I get my period three days from now.[br>[br>I decided to take my one remaining Clearblue pregnancy test I had from last time we were together, and I used it in the morning. I'm three days ahead, so I didn't think I'd be a positive, but as a "just in case" thing I did it. When I took it, and for hours thereafter, it was negative. However, about four to five hours after taking it, I came across it again, and it looked like this...[br>[br>[br>[br>[br>(Sorry for it being blurry, I only have my laptop camera to use.)[br>[br>I am at a loss on what to think. This line showed up five hours after I used it. I dunno if it's an evaporation line, but it's a really dark one if it is. I've been crampy the passed few days, but it more feels incredibly like my period is about to come on more than anything. It's a bit out of the ordinary for me to cramp up like this, but I did use the morning-after pill only about a week ago, and I was cramping up like crazy after using it. I figured whatever I was feeling right now was a result of the morning after pill, but now I'm not so sure.[br>[br>What do you guys think? Do you think I'm pregnant, considering everything I went through to protect myself?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Evaporation line. If the line did not show up in the timeframe (usually 3 minutes or so), it's negative. If you look at the directions, I'm sure they say do not read it after 10 minutes because any results after that timeframe are invalid.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

im a first time hopefully mommy :)) me and my boyfriend absouletly adore children and cant wait to have our first any advice yall have would be wonder...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.