Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP!!! I'm 28 days late!
Lelandsmomma2010 posted:
Well my periods are normally right on time each month (28 day cycle)... My last period was October 26-29, me and my husband have been trying to conceive for about a yr and half... We've came close & then were disappointment by aunt flo's visit. This time I have a gut feeling that I'm pregnant but each hpt that I take has been (-) negative... I have taken at least 4-6 hpt & I'm starting to get discouraged that I haven't received my period or a (+) test result. I believe I have had positive pregnancy symptoms, like; queasiness (the gaggy feeling like I'm gunna be sick), recurring headaches, frequent bathroom breaks, gassy, feeling tired, bloating, emotional (very easily hurt), or moody/cranky, light cramping (mainly on my left side), low back pain (more painful if on my feet for long period of time), I'll be hungry then when I make something to eat or order when it's in front of me I have no sensation to eat it, like it turns my stomach, but the hungry feeling is still there (weird)... I'm not under any kind of stress, nor have I been ill, ive maintained the same weight... I'm not understanding why my test results have been (-) negative, could it be I'm not pregnant or that its too early to detect? I remember when I was pregnant with my son (who is now 6) that it took awhile to show a hpt, when I went to the doctors for the follow up & ultra sound I was 8 wks and 4 days, so I'm wondering if I just don't produce a high level or hormone to detect in a early hpt. I'm going to take another test possibly at the end of this week which if I did the correct math calculation I'd be 8 wks this weekend, in doing so I'm praying for a (+) positive result. I'm looking for some in courage meant or some insight from other women who have been or in my same situation as I. Thank you for reading and I look forward to getting some positive feedback.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Some women either take longer to show on a test or never do. Since you've now pretty much missed two periods, I'd go to the doctor for a blood test.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Lelandsmomma2010 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Well I have an appointment after Christmas... But not to get personal but last night i was having extreme low back pain just could sleep nor get comfy... I finally feel asleep this morning when I woke up from my nap... After 30 days i think i started... But this isnt like another period I've ever had... Please excuse me I'm about to get personal. It's very watery, with a dark brownish red color... Only there when I wipe.. Talked to my sister & she said pregnant women sometimes do bleed.... I never knew that cuz it wasn't an issue with my last pregnancy. So should I rule out pregnancy or still keep hope that I am..? I'm still keeping my appointment seeing I'm due for a yrly... This has become very discouraging for me & my husband.

Some positive feedback, always helps... Thnxs for replying

tlkittycat1968 replied to Lelandsmomma2010's response:
Your sister is right; some women do have bleeding during pregnancy. Since the bleeding is out-of-character for your normal period, there is still a chance.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

axeylove replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
am 20 days late for my periods.i had slight bright red bleeding lasting for 2 mins which i could just wipe off yesterday with cramps.i have taken 5 urine preg tests-negative results. and i don't feel nauseated or vomiting or any cramping or headches or breast tenderness.i tried having unprotected sex during my fertile period but it was hardly sex as he didn't really ejaculate in me.i still have intact hymen also.i m scared...please help. i can't take blood tests and ultrasound sounds expensive...i might have bled once slightly (not sure) few days around my period dates were due.please help me...i will hv to suicide if i get preg.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the porud mother of two beautieful boys. I am 21 year old and I love to cook. my boys help me cook everyday

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.