Skip to content
No symptoms except weight gain?
biggertummy posted:
Concerned that I may be pregnant, though I really have no reason to be, I guess. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but ever since I thought about it I can't get it out of my mind and am terrified that I might be.

I'm 19 years old and am on birth control that I make sure to take religiously at the exact same time every day. My boyfriend and I also use condoms every time we have sex, and we've never had any accidentally breaking. I got my period on December 4th as expected (today is December 21) and had some pretty heavy breakthrough bleeding on November 26.

Since I started on my birth control pills, my boobs have gotten way bigger than they used to be, but that was just about the only side effect of the pills that I've experienced.

Within the past few weeks, however, I've noticed that I'm gaining some weight in my stomach. I'm 5'3" and only about 103 pounds normally, and I'm used to being able to see my hipbones a bit when standing up, but this is no longer the case. I have definitely been eating more than usual in the past month because of more frequent smoking of marijuana than usual, so it could just be from that. But the only reason this concerns me is because the weight is in my lower stomach. I'm used to being able to eat whatever without gaining a pound or looking any different, so this is why I'm worried. It may well be that I just need to cut back on the eating, but I'm still nervous that I may be pregnant. Could this be possible even though weight gain is my only symptom?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
The pill is a very reliable form of birth control and couple that with condom use, I'd say pregnancy is a very, very low possibility. I'd go with the fact that you've been eating more.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been TTC for about 1 year now. I worry because it took my sister 7 years to get pregnant, and her baby boy was born prematurely ...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.