Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Extremely late (probably skipped) period but pregnancy test negative. What should I do?
An_249562 posted:
I am so disappointed right now! Me and my husband have been TTC for 4 months now but my periods are highly irregular. Last cycle it was 45 days and average it is ~35 days. However, I have never missed a period so far at all! But this time, we did it like every other day for ~ 20 days (lots of fun!) and I was pretty sure I'd be pregnant...I even got a strong white cervical discharge...much more and for a longer time than regular ovulation discharge (~20 days into my cycle)...so I was very happy!

But the tests (3 so far) have all shown up negative. It's been ~47 days since my last period. No other symptoms. No tenderness, the spotting has stopped, only a slight weight gain.

Am I pregnant? Did I miscarry? I'm going to go to the doctor next week, but its Christmas week and my doctor takes a long time off. I'm worried and frustrated with this whole business...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been married for a year now. My husband is wonderful guy. We want to wait just a little longer for kids, but if it happens, it happens.

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.