Skip to content
Unsure
momma24 posted:
Last time for a while for me to post. I have not had a true period since August or September. Starting Aug. 12, was a normal, starting Sept. 19 was a short, light one. I took multiple tests, all but one were negative, the one was a very very faint positive. I had 1 blood test that came back negative, but it was just the test that says yes/no, not actual levels. I went an had a sono done, but they said they weren't looking for a pregnancy, just looking for cysts. They put me on a pill to start my period. I did start, but it was very light and short. The last two weeks on and off I have felt a "thumping" in my lower center abdomen and even lower (which is where I felt my last two's hiccups). I've read that many women have had all the tests I've had and found out at 15 weeks at even later, because the doctors didn't actually LOOK for a pregnancy. I would be between 14 and 19 1/2 weeks today. Should I wait a bit longer. Does anyone else think I could be? Just don't want to spend unneccesary money.

bratgirl4 responded:
hey if you are thats great im unsure too my name is nicole i have been having enourmous breasts and then i have had my nipples been changing and my veins are enourmous on my breasts i am needing more fluid and i feel full in my stomach and then i feel nauseated and have thrown up 3 to 4 times i have light milky discharge all the time and then i am more tired alot now but havent taken a test yet

please respond

momma24 replied to bratgirl4's response:
I have taken plenty of tests including a blood test, all of which were negative. I've found several people from the past couple of years whose tests wouldn't show positive until they were 16 or more weeks. I've had 4 kids and never had anything like this happen at all. I've gained about 5 lbs. since Thanksgiving, belly seems to be getting bigger (but it could be me). Now I'm getting that thumping (sometimes sliding feeling) in my lower belly. It reminds me greatly of what it felt like when my other babies had the hiccups or were flipping around. My uterus is tilted, which makes me think (if I am pregnant) they might have missed the baby since they weren't looking specifically there (more on my ovaries). If my cycle hasn't started by Tuesday I'm going to take another test and go from there.

BRUSSELL289 replied to momma24's response:
I should have started november 10th and still havent with my period being on time before then. I have been feeling those same feeling..like something moving and I know how it feels with two children already and my boyfriend keeps calling me crazy, althouh I am not having anything other than nausea when i smell something i dont like, i never had any symptoms with my other two until i was futher along.

momma24 replied to BRUSSELL289's response:
I'm sure the feelings for you wouldn't be baby yet. You're still really early. I'm not 100% sure if I would be 14 1/2 weeks or 20 weeks today. Either way, with my 5th child, I would for sure feel it early. I'm taking another test this morning. If still nothing, then I will completely blow it off until my next period should be due, then if nothing I will go back to the doctor. After thinking back to how far along I was when I found out, my first pregnancy I was about 11 1/2 weeks before I knew for sure. One I was about 12 weeks, One was 6 weeks, and one was 4 weeks. I would have been between 10 and 11 weeks when I went to the doctor so maybe nothing was showing up and with my uterus being tilted it may have caused it to be harder to see a baby if they weren't looking.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been married for almost two years. I have a seventeen year old son from a previous relationship. He has no children. My hubby an...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.