Skip to content
To be or not to be is the question...
MzPndshlp posted:
I am 37and have all the symptoms of pregnancy (missed period, nausea, not able to eat, body aches, tired, headaches, constipation, LOTS OF GAS, easily forgetful or loose concentration, etc.) but the 2 tests I took came up negative. I haven't had my period since Thanksgiving Day when I usually am right on time each month. My spouse also believes I am pregnant (he's had tooth aches, sleeping a lot, all things that have happened with his previous children). Is there any way to know if my hCG levels are too low to detect right now? I smell everything and certain smells make me sick to my stomach. Also riding in a vehicle makes me nauseated at times. I know I want and need to eat but just the thought of eating makes me sick. Calculations say I'm 5 weeks and 3 days. Can anyone help?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Yes, it's possible you're pregnant and just not showing on the test; it happens to some women.

I'd assume I was pregnant. If/when you miss a second period, see your doctor for either a blood test or ultrasound. If you don't want to wait, you can ask for a blood test now.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

28 year old currently pregnant with baby #1!!! Tried to conceive for 3 years in a past relationship with no luck. Met my current husband and was pregn...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.