Skip to content
TTC for about 4 months
An_249661 posted:
Hello- I'm Coco, my Husband and are new to marriage i'm 38 and we are wanting to start a family. This will be our first child when we get pregnant. We are enjoying the married life but I'm the one a little more focused on conceiving due to my age. We want at least 2 children and are very excited. I stopped BC pills around end of 8/12, I've always had cycles but did have a myomectomy last year in october and healed just fine from that. My last three cycles were 12/4, 11/8, 10/10 and 9/10..I dont really chart per say but I do perform an ovulation calendar. We currently have sex about every other day if not more of course we are just enjoying our lives with each other so that makes it easy. However, this month I performed a Home test early response brand on 12/28 and it came back negative, tested again today 12/31 and again Negative. I've been cramping for the last three days, bloated , and very dizzy and nausea at times but nothing major. Is it too early for me to have tested? Am I not pregnant this month? Any ideas or advice???

tlkittycat1968 responded:
When is your period due? If you're testing more than 5 days before your period, it's too early. I'd wait and see if your next period comes and if it's late by more than a day or two, test.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Nita2012 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Hi there- according to my last three cycles i'm 28 day cycle person I beleive so my chart stated my cycle should start today which is the 28th but nothiing yet...So are you thinking I was too soon to be testing??? This will help me going forward so I'm not wasting money on test hahahahaha...

I appreciate your responding to my questions...

tlkittycat1968 replied to Nita2012's response:
It may have been too soon. Some women take longer to show on tests than others. I'd wait a few days (I know it's hard) and if your period still doesn't show, then take a test.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

An_249661 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I'm back and providing an update...So I was expecting to see AF on either 12/31 or 1/1 so when 1/2 came and I still had no signs I began to get excited...On 1/3 my husband and I purchased a EPT and tested..it came out negative, right after I began to see brown looking spotting and by that night I was spotting Red... this morning 1/4 I'm cramping and it appears Aunt Flo has fully showed..its wierd because I'm still Dizzy and feeling not like my normal self, no sore boobs, or Nausea or anything like that just different..I'm concerned because I felt like my cycle was going to start since last Saturday and now with 31 days being late she showed which throws my whole understanding of what my cycle really is...I pretty much assume I'm Offically Not Pregnant from all that I've read online but going forward I'm torn as to know what type of cycle I'll have each month since each month for the last 4 months its come at different times anywhere from 30 days to 28 days to 27 days to now 31 days...Any advice would be helpful....

South_Africa replied to An_249661's response:
You should see your gynae to regulate your periods.
I have the same problem.

Hope all goes well for you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

After struggling with fibromyalgia for most of my life and having difficulties controlling it with medicine, I finally found relief without meds! With...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.