Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I am 47 and have not had a period since Oct. I had my tubes tide in '08.
mamaneedshelp posted:
Could I be pregnant or what else could it be? I am 47 yrs. old. I have 3 children, 17, 15, and a 4 yr old. I had a tubaligation after my 4 yr old was born. I have had alot of crazy periods since I had my tubes tied. But now, I have not had a period since Oct. Really can't remember exactly when it was. I am scared to death to take a pregnancy test. Our 4 yr. old was a sweet surprise but I don't know if I can do it again at my age. I will be 48 in May. We don't have health insurance (can't afford it) so I don't know what to do. I can't afford to go to my doctor. Please help me. I am so scared. I haven't even told my husband about this. We are barely making ends meet now. I don't know what we would do with anyother child. Does anyone have any answers?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
No one on an internet board can tell you why you haven't had a period since October. You need to take a test and if it's negative, you really need to find some way to see a doctor. It could be the start of menopause but it could be something else.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm 20 years old. a high school graduate and i'm taking up culinary arts at the technical college were i live. happily in love with my boyfrie...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful