Skip to content
I am 47 and have not had a period since Oct. I had my tubes tide in '08.
mamaneedshelp posted:
Could I be pregnant or what else could it be? I am 47 yrs. old. I have 3 children, 17, 15, and a 4 yr old. I had a tubaligation after my 4 yr old was born. I have had alot of crazy periods since I had my tubes tied. But now, I have not had a period since Oct. Really can't remember exactly when it was. I am scared to death to take a pregnancy test. Our 4 yr. old was a sweet surprise but I don't know if I can do it again at my age. I will be 48 in May. We don't have health insurance (can't afford it) so I don't know what to do. I can't afford to go to my doctor. Please help me. I am so scared. I haven't even told my husband about this. We are barely making ends meet now. I don't know what we would do with anyother child. Does anyone have any answers?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
No one on an internet board can tell you why you haven't had a period since October. You need to take a test and if it's negative, you really need to find some way to see a doctor. It could be the start of menopause but it could be something else.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

*Student/In college *Nanny & Babysitter *Christian *Engaged, wedding date is June 25, 2011! *Marrying my best friend *Love my dog! *Enjoy watchin...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.