Skip to content
On birth control, getting periods regularly - could I still be pregnant
pck9791 posted:
What are the odds of being pregnant while on birth control and having had regular periods? I had sex once on October 12 and used a condom + I'm on birth control. Then I had sex 7 times from 11/11 - 11/12 without a condom but I was still on birth control. I had my regular period in October, November and December. I highly doubt I am pregnant but I was just wondering if you think there's a chance? I've gained about 5 pounds since October (although I ate a lot and drank a lot during the holidays and didn't watch what I was eating at all) and sometimes my stomach feels a little queasy. I do have a lot of anxiety in general so maybe I'm just making myself worse by freaking about about possibly being pregnant?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
If you've had five regular periods, you're not pregnant. If you were pregnant, you would not be having periods even if you are on the pill.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Fiancee and I have been together since 2003..we have a reconstructed family. A little bit of his (DD Rinoa, 9) and a little bit of mine (DD Emily, 10 ...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.