Skip to content
Mirena and Bloody Discharge?
helplessone22 posted:
Hi all,

Hopeful someone can give me some advice. I'm about to be 31 and told my gyno 2 years ago I definitely will never be having children and if need be I'd even get my tubes tied so my significant other and I can guarantee we'll never become parents. She told me Mirena was found to be more effective than any other birth control and even tying your tubes which isn't fool-proof. I took her advice and have been on Mirena for 2 years. I haven't gotten my period since being on it. However, this week I have had bloody discharge. My boyfriend and I RARELY ever have sex, and when we do, he pulls out way before ejaculation. This is only the second time since being on Mirena that I've have discharge. This time it's been way longer. Is it possible I'm pregnant? Also, is Mirena as effective as my doctor told me, or should I consider a hysterectomy? I've now moved to a new state and no longer have that doctor to consult.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me and my husband have just recently started trying last 2 months i got negetive tests and got my period as per normal now this month my period is due...More

Helpful Tips

(((KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF DURING YOUR PREGNANCY)))
Wouldn't It be great to go through out your pregnancy without adding those unwanted pounds? Well now you can, and I advise you to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.