Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
period is late for 10 days and unprotected sex too but negative home pregnancy test
urgentquery posted:
I had my last period on 3rd Dec 2012 and lasted for 4 days. Generally my period is max 2-3 days late. Me and my husband decided to have a baby and had a unprotected sex on 21st, 23rd dec. But till now I didnt received my period. Feeling a bit tired and feeling a bit breast pain and suddenly found that I am feeling a lower back pain. Tested with pregnancy strip at home. It said 'Not Pregnant'. Then where is my period.I feel my vagina is not dry and some fluid is also there sometimes. I had Pap test, mamogram and some other gyno test on October and everything came out as normal. Then what is happening. Is my period on vacation?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Two possible scenarios:

1. You are pregnant and just not showing on the test. Some women don't show on tests for whatever reason and have to have either a blood test or ultrasound to confirm pregnancy.

2. You did not ovulate and no ovulation usually means no period. It's common and happens to most women at least once during their reproductive years.

I wouldn't worry just yet but if you miss a second period and are still getting negative test results, see your doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

MADDY8207 responded:
I am having the very same issue. did ur period come?

urgentquery replied to MADDY8207's response:
No.i booked a dr for friday.will update u.

Did u visit a dr too? For how many days u r due?
Did u take test?

MADDY8207 replied to urgentquery's response:
No, I haven't made an appt yet. I'm 6 days late. I did take a test on Friday and it was neg. My breasts are very sore and I'm having alot of lower back pain; which can be from my period or pregancy. I'm going to take another test on Friday.

Well I just took another pregnancy test. It said negative.Is there any problem with the kit? I was using walgreen digital Pregnancy test.
No period. Really getting frustrated.

hopetobemommysoon7 responded:
I am in the exactly the same situation.Last month my period was supposed to come as usual on 7th dec,but it was late so it came on 13 dec. Before it came i had a brown discharge, 3 days so i sais it must be it i am preggo. My husband and i are trying for 9 months so i hope its a pregnancy. But as i got my menstruation, i bleeded for 6 days i think but it didnt hurt at all it was less, red, pink and dark red so it was not normal as usual because on the first days i cannot walk of pain, but now it was fun since then, today is 16 january i still dont have anythink, took some cheap dollarama tests and both are negative?!!!?Why??From the symptoms i have: tiger strech marks on my right lower abdomen, there are some on the left side too; breasts are swollen the left nipple is going inside; i dislike the smell of a cigarettes, and i am so sensible to any kind of smell, i am always hungry, i feel sooo tired and concerning my belly these 2 days a i see it is growing so much that the hall is almost closing, i have manu spots on my face neck and shoulders also on my belly. My veins are like a road map especially on my arms-insight of them,and there are some on the breasts. I also have brown spots under my arms. So, i dont know what to do, have you thought of taking a blood test, because i wanna do that soon...Good luck, i hope you are pregnant!!

hopetobemommysoon7 replied to MADDY8207's response:
oh i also have very bad back pain, maybe it is from my period??

urgentquery replied to hopetobemommysoon7's response:
Is there anyone who faced the symptoms but then visited dr and got to know what exactly happening?

MADDY8207 replied to hopetobemommysoon7's response:
Lower back pain can be caused by your period coming or pregnancy. A woman's body is very tricky. I just bought the ept digital test. Hoepfully we all get the answer we want! Good Luck! Keep us posted!!

Hey..did u test already?
Another change i am seeing is i had lots of pimples.suddenly all are gone.i have a clean face now.my friend was asking me what did i do to remove those pimples but i didnt do anything.

Hey, I did test again. I'M PREGNANT!!!

Hey...congrats..plz pray for me too..

Thank u... good luck!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married mother of one child. I had my tubes tied in 2006 but I know there is always the chance of pregnancy. I have been have irregular periods and ...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.