Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

mirena advise on pregnancy???
    An_249962 posted:
    Hello. I just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience or can shed any light on mine. I have had my mirena iud in since December 2011. I bled with it until October/November and have since completely stopped bleeding. I attributed it to the hormones stopping my period like it was supposed to. Well I have started to have breast pain/ tenderness/ and fullness. I have been peeing almost non stop and am incredibly tired all of the time. I decided to go ahead and test. I have had three positive hpt's. I called the doctor and got right in with them. They did a hpt, blood test internal exam and an ultrasound. My hpt was positive, my blood had a very small amount of the hormone, but enough to pick up on the test and my ultrasound was completely negative. During the internal exam she told me that she could no longer feel the stings to my iud and the ultrasound revealed that the stings have been pulled into my uterus. I have no idea what to think and am really scared more about the uncertainty of the situation. I don't understand how i am getting positive urine tests, there are some hormones showing in the blood but there is nothing on the ultrasound.

I am very scared about the way that this situation may or may not work out. I am driving myself crazy trying to get answers and the only thing I am getting from the doctor is "welcome to the 1 percent" I know what she is talking about, but I do not find the humor in the situation, I really just want answers. Is there anyone that can shed any light on my situation???/

Spotlight: Member Stories

Fiancee and I have been together since 2003..we have a reconstructed family. A little bit of his (DD Rinoa, 9) and a little bit of mine (DD Emily, 10 ...More

Helpful Tips

Just curious.
    Hello, this is my first post on here. I'm really just wondering what your thoughts are on this. My DH and I are currently TTC, I have a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.