Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question about spotting after positive test
An_250090 posted:
Hi all!
I'm hoping you can help give some insight or experience into these questions.
My husband and I went through a miscarriage on Nov. 1st, 2012. Since then I tested that all hormone levels were gone (or, >5 which is the most they can tell you at the doctor).

I had a period in November at what would have been my normal time, but had some grey tissue passing in the period which I assumed was the rest of the "cleaning out" proces from the miscarriage.
I also had my regular cycle in December as normal. (Although! I took one Clear Blue digital test in December before I started that gave a false positive result)

I am set to have my cycle tomorrow, and have been feeling very tired, slightly naseaus, etc. I have taken three different brands of pregnancy tests in the past few days and they all showed a faint positive line. (!!)

My concern is that I have had some spotting (pink/brown, and sometimes very lightly red mixed in with discharge). It's very light and nothing at all like a normal period, although I have had some cramping. (Which is of course exaggerated by me being so hyper-focused on my body right now!)

This spotting has been for the past two days. Have any of you had a similiar experience and been pregnant?? I'm hoping beyond hope that I truly am pregnant, and that the baby stays strong and healthy this time. I'm sort of afraid to hope though, with having one false positive last month.

I will make an appointment with my doctor if I haven't started by next week, but would love to hear any advice or input before then.
Thanks!

Tracy0851 responded:
I took a test last January. The line was so faint my husband and I didn't think it was real. The next day I got a pregnant/not pregnant test. It said pregnant! I also had cramping but no spotting. I bet you're pregnant. Keep us updated!

An_250090 replied to Tracy0851's response:
Thank you for the encouragement! I skipped my cycle on Saturday, and have stopped spotting altogether. I'm feeling quite nauseous now too! Because I'm being a tad bit obsessive, I took one more test. The lines were noticeably darker, so I'm thinking those are all very good signs! I'm calling my doctor today to have blood work done to confirm.

An_250090 replied to An_250090's response:
My husband and I got good news!! My blood work confirmed that we are expecting, and the levels are right on target for 4 weeks pregnant. (175) We are very excited! They're re-testing my HCG levels tomorrow to hopefully get the good news that everything is rising like it should be.

Tracy0851 replied to An_250090's response:
Congrats! Prayers your way!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi i am 29 and my husband is 43 and we are thinking about starting our own family, however we are new at this so my question to anyone is should we ha...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.