Skip to content
How likely is it that I'm pregnant?
prettybones posted:
I had my period on Jan. 1st and I have been on and off birth control since September, but recently stopped it before my period on Jan. 1st. I had unprotected sex on Jan. 3rd and Jan. 13th. I started spotting on Jan. 15th, very dark but just once or twice on that day. I am supposed to start my period on the 28th, but since last week I have had very light cramping on and off in my back and only on one side or another. They are not like period cramps and are not heavy. They come and go and feel very different. I don't ever cramp in my back and am having dull lower back pain on and off. I also had a gel like discharge coming out since Wednesday. I have never seen this before. I have been feeling extremely tired and am starting to feel nauseous throughout the day. Lets just say I never feel like this before my period and my period doesn't feel like it's going to start. I think I'm pregnant, but the two tests I took were negative. I have one son and have had a miscarriage, so I am all too familiar with the feeling of being pregnant. I know it is probably too early to tell and I should wait until after my period doesn't start. When is the best time to take another test to make sure I don't keep getting negative results and buying more tests? My partner and I are extremely anxious to find out. Thanks.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You just went off birth control so I'd say it's just your body getting used to being off birth control.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was married August 9, 2008 and got my BFP on December 1, 2008. My beautiful daughter was born August 6, 2009 weighing in at 7 lbs 11 oz. She is such...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.