Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
3 weeks late and 3 negative tests
missingperiodwhathappened posted:
Hi there, I'm not quite sure who to talk to about this, and I am starting to get a little concerned, so my internet searches have sent me here. On December 18th 2012 I had my last period, and it lasted until the 25th. The night of the 26th my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he came inside of me. We had a very long discussion and decided to get the plan b pill the next day. However, the following morning we had sex again [unprotected> and he came inside of me for a second time. Later that day I went and bought the pill and took it in the late afternoon. Flash forward to Jan 2nd [8 days after my last period, 7 days after intercourse> I had very light bleeding that only lasted three days. I know that the side effects to plan b include changes in menstrual cycle and everything, and I also researched about implantation can occur 6-12 days after conception that also result in "spotting" [which it was>. Which leads me to present day. It has been six weeks since I've taken plan b, 8 weeks since my period back in December, 5 weeks since the spotting occurred on Jan 2nd . I have taken three pregnancy tests, all negative, and have still not received my period. I'm not sure if I'm pregnant or not in all honesty. I have had symptoms of pregnancy like nausea, back pain, fatigue, frequent urination, but I have failed to come up positive on a test. Normally I would set up an appointment with my OBGYN, but unfortunately I no longer have health insurance, and I am working a very low paying part time job so I am unable to afford a doctor's visit. Do you have any advice on the matter? Am I looking too much into this? I know that one can still get pregnant even after taking plan b, but could this just be a side effect. I'm about to come up on my 2nd missed period in about a week if I count back from the December period, so I'm starting to get concerned. Can I be pregnant and still get negatives on home pregnancy tests?
If you could help me it would be much appreciated.

[br>

tlkittycat1968 responded:
A skipped or delayed period is a common side effect of Plan B. If you miss a second period and are still getting negative test results, you do need to see a doctor. If there is a Planned Parenthood near you, try there.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 and my DH of 6 years is 29. We have been TTC since July 2009 & we have 1 DD who just turned 5. Each month comes around, we get hopeful, th...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.