Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello
jenna1980 posted:
Hi future friends...

I joined this because my husband and I have decided to start trying to get pregnant. Unfortunately I don't have any close friends with whom I can share this time in my life and that makes me really sad, however...
one of the great things about the internet is the access to others in similar situations.

I was on birth control for about 9 years. I went off of it in the fall of 2012, and we just started actively trying to get pregnant last month. I was supposed to get my period last Monday or Tuesday. On Friday I started to bleed and it seemed like a normal period (so I was pretty bummed) but it only lasted Friday and Saturday (normally would have been bleeding enough to use a tampon for about 4-5 days). Is this unusual? I do not want to take a pregnancy test just yet and get my hopes up but...I've never only had a period for two days.

Thoughts please...

tlkittycat1968 responded:
It may have just been an off period. They happen every now and then.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Holly2232 responded:
Hi!

I am in a similar situation as you. My husband and I have been trying for the last two months to get pregnant. I was so disappointed last month when I started. I was suppose to start yesterday and haven't. It is all I can do not to run out and buy a test. Kind of like a double edge sword, I want to know but I don't want to be disappointed.

If you are experiencing any symptoms by now I would take a test.

Good luck!
I don't really have any friends going through the same experience either. If you would want to be a support system for each other that would be great!

Holly

jenna1980 replied to Holly2232's response:
Good luck to you....!

My husband has been away for a few weeks so we haven't been able to try but I have no other symptoms so I'm positive I am not pregnant. Just such a weird period at such odd timing...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi i am 25 and my husband 35. we got marry 23 november 2010. switched birth controls the 1st week of December and my husband and I have had unprotecte...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful