Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello
jenna1980 posted:
Hi future friends...

I joined this because my husband and I have decided to start trying to get pregnant. Unfortunately I don't have any close friends with whom I can share this time in my life and that makes me really sad, however...
one of the great things about the internet is the access to others in similar situations.

I was on birth control for about 9 years. I went off of it in the fall of 2012, and we just started actively trying to get pregnant last month. I was supposed to get my period last Monday or Tuesday. On Friday I started to bleed and it seemed like a normal period (so I was pretty bummed) but it only lasted Friday and Saturday (normally would have been bleeding enough to use a tampon for about 4-5 days). Is this unusual? I do not want to take a pregnancy test just yet and get my hopes up but...I've never only had a period for two days.

Thoughts please...

tlkittycat1968 responded:
It may have just been an off period. They happen every now and then.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Holly2232 responded:
Hi!

I am in a similar situation as you. My husband and I have been trying for the last two months to get pregnant. I was so disappointed last month when I started. I was suppose to start yesterday and haven't. It is all I can do not to run out and buy a test. Kind of like a double edge sword, I want to know but I don't want to be disappointed.

If you are experiencing any symptoms by now I would take a test.

Good luck!
I don't really have any friends going through the same experience either. If you would want to be a support system for each other that would be great!

Holly

jenna1980 replied to Holly2232's response:
Good luck to you....!

My husband has been away for a few weeks so we haven't been able to try but I have no other symptoms so I'm positive I am not pregnant. Just such a weird period at such odd timing...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 30 years old and have 3 beautiful children. I had my tubes tied in April of 2008. I'm thinking I'm either pregnant again or there is s...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.