Skip to content
When should I do the pregnancy test?
An_250343 posted:
I am 35 yrs old. Trying for our second child. Last period started Jan 15 ended Jan 24. My cycle length very between 24-27 days, so this time I used the ovulation kit. As soon as we got the "happy face" we successfully pinned out ovulation date. I have done one pregnancy test with the 6 days early detection kit on Feb 5 (day 21) which came out negative that made me sad. If I the cycle length is 24days then the period due is today Fan 8, which still hasn't started. I scared to test. Should I test today or wait one more day to test. Really excited and scared. help

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I would wait a few more days to account for your occasional longer cycles.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

neela2012 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
thanks for ur response. Sadly I got my period on Feb 9, and since then feeling so upset. Its been 4months since we have started trying seriously. Bought the ovulation kit, charting every single thing, still no result. Another month of disappointment Looking at my left and right seems like everyone is getting pregnant without even trying....... Thanks again. Pls keep us in ur prayers.

tlkittycat1968 replied to neela2012's response:
Yes, it's hard sometimes. It can take a healthy couple up to 12 months to get pregnant since there is only a 20%-25% chance of pregnancy every month, even with perfect timing.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.