Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Could I be Pregnant?
Cheza22p posted:
Hi I am a 22 year old female and I was told I have PCOS just over a year ago. So I've been having my periods about every 3 to 4 months. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past year. For the past two weeks I've been showing signs of being pregnant. Like morning sickness, tender breasts, light cramping, and my stomach is getting hard. I've never felt like this before and I've already taken a test but i think that it might be to early. Is it possible for me to be pregnant or is it something else? Cause we really want to be pregnant!! Please any feed back would be nice. Thank You.

lovebird79 responded:
I understand how anxious you are... my fiance and I are trying as well. I was convinced last month I was pregnant... until I got my period

You could have PMS or you could be pregnant - symptoms are very similar.

Also, some women don't show positive on the at-home pregnancy tests for awhile.

If I were you, I'd wait a week or so - by then you should have your period if it is PMS - take the test again if you are still having the symptoms.

If the test is negative, wait another week and if they are still there, go to the doctor to get a blood test.

What I learned is trying to conceive causes stress which in turn can cause a ton of weird symptoms of its own.

Just remember to relax, be patient, and just enjoy the trying part

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months so far, with no luck. I am 21 years old, and engaged to be married next year. I was diagnosed with P...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.